Thursday, November 8, 2012

Seeing and feeling results!


I haven't been on this Paleo kick for two weeks yet, and I've lost 8 lbs, my energy levels are great, my sleep has improved and my moods are even better! Wow doesn't that sound like some kind of paid advertisement!

My eyes are opening more and more to all negative sides of mostly wheat, sugar and dairy. I'm not about to abolish the chocolate bar from my life, forever. But I will make better choices from here on in. 

After these two weeks have passed, I find it much easier to make it through each day without my old vices. Every evening I would get that craving...for the CARB! I would crave it...the carb desire would take over my whole body. I would head to the kitchen and choose a chocolate bar, a big glass of chocolate milk, or even a huge bowl of ice cream....my achilles heel. A glorious creamy frozen delight with bits of chocolate, caramel, cookie...you name it, if it was bad, it was in there.  These days, when I get that urge to eat around 9pm, while watching a TV show, I go for an apple or maybe some grapes, and never too much of them. Just a little snack to kick that carb craving I'm having. Much better choices!

I've also noticed that my attention to calories consumed had gotten much better. Before, I would do decent during the day, but once I got home and snacked on these bad foods, I would ignore them and never enter them in my food diary. The only person I was cheating was myself. Can't believe it took me this long to realize all these things! But I have and I can only do better form here!

These days I'm keeping my calorie count in check! Thanks to help of my Body Media arm band, I can monitor my calorie consumption verses my calorie intake. It's been a  great help with my weight loss journey!

Cheers to another day, and hopefully a good 2000 calorie deficit!


No comments:

Post a Comment