Friday, November 2, 2012

Paleo rice? Yes indeed!

Yesterday reminded me of why I'm doing this challenge. Gary and I found a great recipe for paleo curry chicken, using coconut milk. he problem was, what we could have with it. We found mention of paleo rice a few times so I decided to take a look. Glad I did! 

Here's what you do:

Take a cauliflower a cut it down into smaller chunks. Microwave for a few minutes (how long really depends on your microwave.)
Once softened, put the chunks in a food processor and chop until the cauliflower bits take on the size of rice.
In a pan, heat up some olive oil with a bit of garlic, add cauliflower.
I also added, some diced green pepper and green onion.
Since we were making a curry, I also seasoned the cauliflower with a little curry powder and tumeric. 
I also added 1/2 a lime.

We had this with our curry chicken and it was amazing!!!!

Here are two pictures, just the cauliflower rice and then with the curry chicken.


I now there's going to be day s where I feel defeated by this challenge, but I will keep going because I know there's a tonne more recipes that I can find, just as or more delicious than this one!

I'll report on Monday with my success over the weekend (power of positive thoughts...right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment