Friday, November 9, 2012

Guests for the weekend, hope they like Paleo!


My parents visit twice a year, on the way down south ( Florida) in the fall, and on the way back in the spring. They were supposed to arrive this afternoon but when you deal with crossing the Cabot straight, you never really know when you're gonna get here. The ferry was delayed until this morning. Hopefully they'll cross today and be here by this evening.

Eating Paleo with my folks around should be relatively easy. My mother follows pretty strict rules in the kitchen as it is. My father's had a couple of by-pass surgeries over the years and mom does her best to keep him from going under the knife again. They avoid refined sugars, and eat low carb.

Knowing all of this, Gary and I decided to have our cheat meal last night and I wanted french fries!!!!! So I ordered a poutine (the Canadian heart attack) and a smoked meat sub, while Gary also indulged in a little poutine and a smoked meat sandwich. I made it half way through my Pountine and finished a 1/4 of my sub before I felt full. To be honest, I was expecting ahorrible stomach last night, and a bad sleep. Au contraire! My stomach never actted up at all and same for my sleep. I will admit that due to the arrival of my folks the only time I stopped yesterday evening was to eat. Other than that, I was cleaning all night. This may have helped with the speedy digesting of these bad foods!

I was secretly hoping that the food would make me feel quite gross. I want a reason to stop eating this crap!!!! I guess I can admit to the fact that bad foods prevent the loss of weight! That should be good enough for me considering how much weight I would like to lose.

Well, back at er' today!

Everybody enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment