Monday, October 29, 2012

P-P-P-Paleo

It seems that my love of food has gotten the best of me. I have gained a 'few extra' pounds over the past year and have decided to try a Paleo diet to help with removing said weight.

The challenge will be the fun part. Learning to enjoy a meal without processed foods or dairy for that matter!

It's 30 days, and this is all I have to keep telling myself, 30 days out of my life. 30 days with no sweeteners, this will be hard, since I love my chocolate, of course the sweet and milky kind. 30 days with no wheat...hmm, no so hard, I can't say I eat that much bread now, the hard part will be no baked treats that we usually make with flour. 30 days no grain, except for quinoa, this will be the easiest.

I will be checking in daily to vent my frustrations and near misses, well I hope near misses. I will be quite upset with myself if I do cave!

Today, I eliminate the coffee, the large double double that fills me with java joy every morning! I will replace my caffeine with some green tea, which I can drink sans cream or sugar. We have a few salads leftover from the weekend, we should have them finished off by tomorrow, hoping for a complete paleo diet by Wednesday...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment