Monday, December 3, 2012

How easy it is to cheat

So we officially ended the paleo diet on the 30th, and decided to celebrate with an eggs Benedict for breakfast on Saturday...and that's where it began! Supper ended up being sushi although amazingly enjoyable, I knew the rice in all that maki wasn't the best choice.

Sunday morning, we were somewhat paleo with a fried egg and two slices of bacon. Oh Sunday, the day I decided to have a baking party with a bunch of girlfriends. Well, the amount of sugar that was baked into Christmas treats, could have sunk a ship! I was pretty well behaved, only having a small nibble here and there; or at least I tried to convince myself this. In reality, it was a horribel day for carbs. I tipped the calorie intake at over 3000 after it was all said and done. That's 1000 extra calories more than what I normally consume, Yikes! This also included pulled pork sandwiches for supper. 

And to top it all off, today we had Wendy's for lunch...rotted - disappointed - ashamed - outright sad :(

Today, I never got my walk in, it was raining, and I just didn't feel like braving the elements. I was completely consumed by the guilt by afternoon break. I was also lacking any energy, I looked like I was crying from all the yawning I was doing!

So lesson learned...I get nowhere with the quick unhealthy rewards, NOWHERE! Tonight we're having grilled skinless chicken breast with a onion and pepper medley sauteed in a small amount of olive oil...and I'll start cooking once I've finished 30 minutes of activity on the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment