Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cousins Village Fisher Restaurant

After finishing a nice trail on the North Cape, I figured this would be a good chance to have our Fried fish dishes! There was a restaurant at the lighthouse but it was clearly intended for tourists with the prices to accompany it. So we decided to drive into Tignish and see what our choices were. Our first stop was a take out with a small dining area located in the middle of a convenience store. We decided to check out some other options.

After getting quite frustrated listening to our smartphone's GPS provider, we finally found Cousins Village Fisher Restaurant (nowhere near where it was pointing us, I'd just like to add). It looked like we were walking in just after a little busy rush, it was a round 3pm. The place was decorated nicely. We made our way to a booth and the waitress returned with some menus.

We took a quick look through the menu and decided on some onion rings for appetizer, if they were homemade. I decided on clams and chips with a side of gravy and Gary was having fish and chips.

Unfortuately, the onion rings were not homemade, so on two choice number two, Mussels. No luck, they were out. So then we decided on fishcakes. The waitress was very apologetic and explained that this was their last weekend open and many menu choices were no longer available. This made complete sense. Our mains were still available so all things considered, it was understandable.

The fish cakes arrived and they were excellent, nice ratio of salt fish to potato and a very nice seasoning.  Our mains followed shortly after. My clams were done perfectly. No grit, and a nice golden color on them. Gary enjoyed his fish, also nicely fried with just the right amount of batter.. Both our dishes had a side of coleslaw and it was damn good coleslaw, the creamy type. Only thing I'd object to would be the tarter sauce and the fries, neither were homemade. Overall it was a good meal. 


I usually don't order dessert but today I in the mood for something sweet and I noticed coconut cream pie on the menu.What grabbed my attention was the description, "House made, a customer favorite". I ordered my pie and waited patiently. And finally it was here, I grabbed my fork and got down to business. With the first bite I was reminded why I love coconut cream pie so much...Such a creamy filling, topped with that wonderful whip cream and a dash of coconut over the top. The texture was amazing, did I mention how creamy it was?...So creamy! . The sad part is, my lack of control caused me to dive into the pie while forgetting to get a picture :( I guess this means I'll just have to order more pie while visiting PEI!


Bill total, was $51 with taxes and tip included. (prices are approx.)

Fish and chips 12$
Clams and Chips 13$
Fish cakes (6-7$ maybe?)
Two pop 4$
Dessert 4$

Didn't make note of price on the fish cakes as I had originally planned on onion rings and I forgot to  note the price after I had changed my order.

All in all it was a decent lunch, besides the little hick ups along the way. I'm sure during the summer months when they have a complete menu, it' all worth trying.  The bill was a little higher than usual but then again, we don't usually order and appetizer or dessert with our lunches. What the hell, we're on a mini vacation right?

Cousins Village Fisher Restaurant
276 Phillip Street
Tignish, PE
902-882-5670


Happy Eating Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment